American Advantage agent Steve Frederick has been in the insurance business for more than 20 years now. He takes pride in helping his community, understanding how important timely information is — he gets back to his clients as fast as possible even on nights and weekends.
These are his top priorities as a supportive, hometown agent:
- Always be honest about what clients do and do not need.
- Never pressure anyone to buy anything.
- Be as prompt as possible in communication.
- Be open to helping family and friends with their needs, too!
Steve grew up in Kenosha and attended UW-Parkside. After college, he worked as a journeyman electrician for 13 years in the union, putting in 80-90 hours a week. While he enjoyed his profession, he decided he wanted a career change — and that’s when he discovered his passion for insurance.
Steve lives with his wife, Jennifer, and has two young-adult step children named Hailey and Hunter. His biggest hobby is movies — he built a top-notch home theater entirely on his own!
Road Safety Tips from Steve
Steve and his wife recently took a road trip from Wisconsin to Clearwater, Florida. He towed a fully loaded 6×12 trailer along the way! Here are some things he did to ensure safety on the drive:
- Made sure all tires were at the proper inflation
- Confirmed all vehicle lights were in working order
- Had the insurance ID card with them
- Kept vehicle fluids at the correct level
- Carried an emergency road kit in case of a flat tire or other issue
When planning a similar trip, Steve recommends calling your insurance agent to verify your current coverage and see if you need any additional protection for your upcoming adventure.