Ask Your Independent Insurance Agent These Questions
Insurance is complicated. We get it! It can be overwhelming to deal with policies, premiums, and all the other industry jargon. That’s why your insurance agent is here: to be your guide through the chaos and help you get the right coverage at the right price.
It’s important to communicate openly with your independent insurance agent to make sure you understand your policies and feel confident in your relationship. But you might not know what you don’t know — and that’s okay.
Here are some questions to get you started!
Questions about what you are and aren’t covered for
- What claims do you see filed in my area most frequently? Am I covered for those situations?
- Based on my lifestyle, are there any additional risks I should prepare for?
- Are there exclusions on my policies?
- Does my policy cover the market value of my belongings or the actual replacement cost?
Questions about insurance pricing and discounts
- Can I save money with any discounts on my current policies?
- Am I able to qualify for a safety discount?
- Can I get a discount by switching policies or carriers?
- What is my premium? What does that mean each month?
- What is my deductible? Can you explain what that means?
- Can I save money by choosing a higher or lower deductible?
- Does my credit score affect my insurance cost?
Questions about upcoming life changes
- Based on my lifestyle, are there any insurance policy changes I should prepare for in the near future?
- What are the biggest life changes that can affect my policies?
- What do I do if I experience a major life event?
- How far in advance do I need to plan to adjust my insurance coverage?
Questions about their multiple insurance carriers
- How many carriers do you work with?
- How do you choose between different carriers for a particular customer?
- Are smaller or larger carriers better for specific situations?
- Will I work directly with you, or with the company providing my insurance?
Questions about the process of filing a claim
- What should I do if I have a car accident or discover home damage?
- Do you have a list of approved restoration companies to work with to repair my home or business?
- How long does it take to get reimbursed after I file a claim?
- Will my rates increase after I file a claim?
- Are you available after hours?
At Lindow, we’re here to answer all of these questions and more. It’s our mission to make your insurance experience as easy and enjoyable as possible!
We can shop around from more than 40 carriers to find your family the best possible deal, and our hometown agents provide unmatched customer service in the Pewaukee area.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for more information — we can’t wait to meet you!